My first challenge!
- A businesswoman has a preferred UPS account with a 10% discount.
- She ships about 15 packages a week ground.
- Packages are shipped to businesses across the country.
- The majority of her shipments are samples weighing 8 ounces.
- She pays $6.90 to send this to a destination that is in the middle of the country.
Here is what the Shipping Coach suggests:
- Ship it with the US Post Office
- Use the First-Class Mail Package Rate of $2.32
- Buy the extra service, Delivery Confirmation for an additional $.18 (when shipping online)
- Delivery Confirmation allows the capability to obtain delivery information online or by phone.
- Estimated delivery is 3 days
- Total cost is $2.50 today
- Savings is $4.40 or 64%!
On 10 packages a week, that is $44 or almost $100 a month!
Most people think that United States Post Office’s First-Class Mail is only for envelopes, but a little known secret is that you can also use it to send parcels.
Packages need to weigh less than 13 ounces and be at least ¾” thick.